Saturday, April 26, 2008

Mirror Mirror on the wall.......

So, the other night I decided to take the plunge and do something I have been dreading for a very very long time! No, it wasn't cleaning out the garage! We went to Bed Bath and Beyond and I bought a super duper whammer jammer light up magnified make up mirror. Now for some of you who read this and are under the age of 30, this may seem trivial. I brought it home and set it up on the diningroom table, plugged it in and turned on the light, grabbed my tweezers and sat down to begin the task at hand which was to tweeze my eyebrows. I was not ready for what I saw! "Wait a minute!" I screamed as I looked deep into this mirror. "Where the hell did all these wrinkles come from?" I was not prepared for this at all! Doug being the loving husband that he is, says "Honey, no one ever gets that close to you anyway. so don't worry about it". I must of given him the death stare because he backed away and slowly went back to watching TV. You see, I turn 50 next month. I know its just a number. I know that deep down I really feel like I am still 35, ok maybe 38 tops, but the other day, I got my first AARP notification in the mail about insurance! OH My God..does the madness ever stop? Whats next? A walker? Support hose? Perhaps sensible shoes, or a duster like my mom used to wear in the morning! NO! NO! NO!
After a good nights sleep and some time to gather my thoughts I came to realize some things. Turning 50 is a celebration, not a death sentence! I have so many things to be thankful for. It means that I have been fortunate enough to witness so many things that have happened and have been a part of. I am really looking forward to my birthday now! The nicest thing is that this year I will get to spend it with Shea and Tony, Taylor and Isaac. They will be coming up to Boise to help celebrate this big milestone in my life! So, bring on the magnifying mirror, I can face anything now because I have the best shaped eyebrows ever!!!!!

4 comments:

Shea said...

hahaha! You make me laugh!

Tiffany said...

Well shaped eyebrows go a long way I say.

You are too cute. I agree with your very positive attitude. Although Trent's grandma who lives in Pocatello wrote us a letter a couple years back that cracked us up in which she said simply, "growing old is the shits." Heee

I have received more than one AARP item in the mail, and I am under 35, so that doesn't mean much either.

sterling said...

ooh cathy - such a drama queen. only you could wear a tiera with such pride.. i mean besides myself that is. haha.. Happy birthday by the way.. just think of yourself as a bottle of fine wine.. only with age will you get better. :)
Take care and im sure we will see you soon.

mode36 said...

OK, it is SERIOUSLY time for you to update your blog! If you don't feel you have time send me the password and I will do it for you!