Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Mom




So, once Mother's Day has rolled around. Like millions of people, this holiday is a hard one for me since my Mom passed away. There are so many things I miss about her. My Mom slowly starting leaving us way before she actually did because of dementia. The phone calls got harder, the visits were shorter, and as the frustration of this horrible disease grew, so did my love and respect for my Mom. I miss her. I miss her laughter. I miss telling her stories of her sweet Great Grandsons. I wish more than anything that she could of met Scott's new bride Ashley. Mom would of loved her like we do. It makes me chuckle a bit if she could see our dog Lucy, and how different my life turned out to be.

For any of you who may read this, please do me a favor! Tell your Mom how much you love her. Tell her a story or two, and if you are lucky enough to have her near you, give her a big hug and tell her how much she means to you. I guarantee it will make her heart sing.

Happy Mothers Day Mom. You memory is etched in my heart forever.

2 comments:

Shea said...

Awww, make me cry! I loved this post. Happy Mother's Day mom..wish we lived closer so I could give you a hug!

Megan said...

Beautiful Cathy. Thanks for sharing. I wish I lived closer to my Mother so I could give her a hug. Happy Mother's day to you!